Showing posts with label Theft. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Theft. Show all posts

Monday, July 11, 2011

'SPECIAL PLACE IN HELL' FOR GHOULISH CAROLYN TOWNS

GHOUL
A GHOULISH cemetery director who dug up hundred of graves and resold has admitted to dismembering human remains and stealing from a place of worship.
Carolyn Towns, 51, oversaw a team of grave diggers that would exhume bodies, crush vaults and dump human remains in the trash.
Cops said they would also "double stack" graves, burying existing remains deeper into the ground a putting newer one's in the same location at Chicago's Burr Oak Cemetery. 
At the time, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart called the scene "disturbing."
He said: "I found bones out there," he said. "I found individuals wandering aimlessly looking for their loved ones who can't find them."
The investigation also extended into "Babyland," a section of the cemetery intended for children, where Dart added that he talked to countless women who could not find their children.

At one point it was thought that the grave of Michelle Obama's late Father Fraser Robinson III may have been affected, but it was later found to be a mistake.
What wasn't in doubt however, was Towns pocketed donations she elicited for an Emmett Till Memorial museum
Till was just 14 when murdered in 1955 for reportedly whistling a white woman and  his case had become a touchstone for the civil right movement.
Authorities also discovered his original glass-faced casket was piled in a garage filled with lawn care equipment.
So appalled was the community by their actions that even The Rev, Jesse Jackson was moved to comment, telling NBC Chicago there's "a special place in hell" for those accused of digging up graves.
Towns was sentenced to 12 years in prison Friday after she pleaded guilty to all charges against her, including dismembering a human body and theft from a place of worship, according to state prosecutors in Cook County, Illinois.
Three grave diggers also face charges.

Monday, June 20, 2011

ID. SENATOR JOHN MCGEE GOES ON DRUNKEN RAMPAGE

CAR-AZY
IF YOUR going to go on a crazy drunken rampage there's no point doing things by halves. 
And boy, did Idaho State Senator John McGee go for it. 
The former 'Republican Legislator of the Year' who recently  supported legislation to outlaw texting and driving, got completely wasted, stole an SUV, crashed it and then went to sleep in it. 
The Senate's youngest member had one too many at a Boise golf course Saturday night before jumping into the Ford Excursion with the 20ft trailer hooked up, which had been left with the keys in. 
Shortly afterwards he tried turning the vehicle and trailer around in a driveway only to jackknife it and become stuck.
At this point the somewhat confused senator got out and went for a little wander before returning to the vehicle and falling asleep.
According to Sgt. Carlos De Leon with Sheriff's Office two children at the home where McGee tried to turn the SUV were watching from a window and the amused youngsters called the cops.  
When deputies arrived, Mr McGee told them on he was heading for Jackpot in Nevada, on the border with Idaho.
A Breathalyzer test showed his blood alcohol content to be .15, nearly twice the Idaho state limit.
He spent Father's Day in jail and will be arraigned Monday afternoon. 
We're fairly sure a Legislator of the Year award won't be on the agenda this year. 



Friday, June 10, 2011

MALCOLM X'S DAUGHTER PLEADS GUILTY TO NYC THEFT

THIEF
WOULDN'T BE IMPRESSED
MALCOLM X's daughter has pleaded guilty to swindling more then $55,000 from a longtime family friend by running up huge credit card bills. 
Malikah Shabazz, 46, the youngest daughter of the slain civil rights leader used the personal financial information of Khaula Bakr to open credit card accounts in her name. 
The 70-year-old New York City woman whos late husband was one of Malcolm X's bodyguards on the night he was assassinated in 1965, discovered the scam when she got a letter from Wells Fargo Bank demanding payment of $28,789 on an overdue account.

Queens District Attorney Richard Brown said Shabazz "preyed upon the trusting nature of a once close family friend."
It's not the first time Shabazz has been in trouble with the law due to financial difficulty. 
Several years ago, a valuable trove of her father's writings was auctioned off after she failed to pay rent on a storage locker in Florida. 
The collection was later returned to the family and is now on long-term loan to the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture.
She has now walked free after entering the plea deal which calls for her to pay back the money and be on probation for five years.
"She's excited to be reunited with her daughter," said her lawyer, Russell Rothberg. 
He said his client had no other comment.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

FORMER STAR LINDSAY LOHAN 'BORED AND RESTLESS'

"BORED" AW
FORMER actress Linday Lohan has only been under house arrest for two days but the poor little star is already "bored and restless" friends have revealed. The troubled, one time star began her 120 day sentence for violating her probation yesterday, after miraculously avoiding jail time for stealing a a $2500 necklace from an exclusive LA jewelry store.But it seems she's already moaning about how her situation, sunbathing next to her exclusive Venice Beach pad with a tag on her leg.
A source close to the star revealed: "Lindsay is already upset at having to stay at home all day, unable to go anywhere do anything.
"She's bored and restless and she doesn't know how she's going to cope with almost four months of nothing to do. There's only so many books and TV shows you can watch."
They added: "She is hoping it will give her the chance to relax, take stock of her life and plan her way forward."
According to TMZ Lohan is expected to serve just 35 total days of hard time ... glorious, relaxing, court-ordered hard time.
Hard Life for some, we say. 

Friday, May 27, 2011

LINDSAY LOHAN STARTS SENTENCE FOR JEWELRY THEFT

FORMER actress Lindsay Lohan surrendered to authorities yesterday to begin serving time for jewelry theft yesterday.
But thanks to her expensive lawyer and a cushy deal she'll serve her 120 days detained at home rather than going to jail, after pleading no contest to stealing a $2500 necklace from an LA jewelry store.
She was found to be in violation of her probation stemming from a 2007 drunken driving case.
The 24-year-old was booked and fitted for with an electronic monitoring ankle bracelet around 5 a.m, according to a Los Angeles Sheriff's Department news release.
She was later released to begin serving more than a month under house arrest, ending on June 29.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

LINDSAY LOHAN'S DOPEY DAD MICHAEL DENIES ASSAULT

CLASSY GUY
FORMER actress Lindsay Lohan's father Michael has denied attacking his girlfriend and so called journalist Kate Major during a heated row earlier this year. Following his daughter into the dock, Lohan who is currently estranged from Lindsay is accused of abusing her and stopping her from calling 911. He pleaded not guilty to misdemeanor domestic violence battery Monday in Beverly Hills, on Major, who broke off an engagement to him last year. 
Lohan has a well-documented strained relationship with his daughter, who was at one time a movie star, and a history of arrests in New York after his ex-girlfriends accused him of harassment.
But his record goes as far back as 1990 when he was investigated for insider trading and convicted of criminal contempt of court, because he
refused to testify about other brokers.
He has also been charged with attempted assault and a DUI that led to his being charged with of alcohol and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
If convicted, the 51-year-old faces up to one year in the county jail, reports the Los Angeles Times, following his daughter who faces 120 days in the big house for jewelry theft.
He was released after making a bail of $200,000.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

LINDSAY LOHAN 'FRIGHTENED' OF OBSESSED STALKER

THIEF
FORMER actress Lindsay Lohan has taken out a restraining order against her last friend crazy stalker after he left chocolates at her house and sent bizarre text messages saying they are engaged.
David Corcodan, 38, has been contacting her for almost two years, court documents show, sending more then 100 texts including one describing in graphic detail having sex with the actress.
Another showed that he was in the courtroom last month when the 24-year-old actress was sentenced to 120 days in jail.
“Given this obsessive and harassing behavior, I am frightened of Mr. Cocordan and feel that my personal safety, and the safety of those around me, is in jeopardy,” Lohan said in the legal filing.
Cocordan, who police believe is a schizophrenic and is not taking
medication, has told authorities he does not intend to contest the restraining order, according to court filings. 
So  Superior Court Judge David Cowan granted a temporary order stopping him from attempting to meet or contact the actress.
He will then consider whether to issue a three-year stay away order on June 8.
Lohan herself is no stranger to a courtroom at the moment and is currently performing 480 hours of community service for violating her probation in a 2007 drunken driving case.
She is also expected to serve jail time for taking a $2,500 necklace from a store near her Venice home in January.

Monday, May 16, 2011

MISS USA CONTENDER QUITS AFTER ID THEFT CHARGES

THIEF?
A GORGEOUS beauty queen has been forced to step down after being charged with ID theft. 
Shaletta Porterfield told cops she faked the signatures of three business owners on contracts for advertising with a marketing company she was working for last summer. But when the businesses were asked to proof ads they hadn't agreed to buy, or paid for, they got suspicious and called police.
The 26-year-old of Madison, WI has now been charged with three counts of misappropriating identity information to obtain money according to the Waunake Tribune reports. But although she has entered not guilty pleas and the case is set for trial in July, she has withdrawn for the Miss USA competition in Las Vegas next month. 

Her Attorney Robert Nagel said Porterfield acknowledges she made a mistake saying "It's unfortunate, but she has a lot going for her, and she's ready to move on."
He added Porterfield, who has no prior record was under a lot of pressure at the marketing company to make commission goals and left its employment in August.

Thursday, May 12, 2011

LINDSAY LOHAN SCOT FREE DESPITE 120 DAY SENTENCE

THIEF
FORMER actress Lindsay Lohan could end up serving no jail time, despite being handed a 120 day sentence for the theft of a necklace.
Instead it looks like the troubled Hollywood hellraiser will spend the majority of her sentence in her Venice CA home because of jail overcrowding. A spokesman for LA County Sheriff's, Steve Whitmore said a 120-day sentence would be reduced to 71 days because of good behavior, and to about 16 or 17 days because of overcrowding. Electronic monitoring, if approved, would be for the shorter period. He told the LA Times: "It appears a person like Ms.
Lohan will be eligible for home detention," noting that she is a nonviolent offender without a serious criminal history.
Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Stephanie Sautner refused to be drawn on where Lohan should serve her time.
But she also placed Lohan on three years' probation and required her to attend a shoplifting offender's program and receive psychological counseling.
The actress must also complete 480 hours of community service at the Downtown Women's Center on skid row and at the county coroner's office - although she will not be eligible to do this, if she is serving time at home.
The 120-day jail term is the same sentence she received for violating probation on her 2007 drunk-driving conviction.
She will serve the sentences concurrently, Sautner said.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

LINDSAY LOHAN TO PLEAD NO CONTEST TO THEFT

THIEF
FORMER actress Lindsay Lohan has finally decided to help herself in her theft case and will plead "no contest" in court.
The troubled one-time film star, accused od stealing a $2500 necklace from an upscale Venice Beach store had initially fought the accusations.  
But a Los Angeles superior court judge in March imposed a 120-day sentence, while reducing the charge against Lohan from felony grand theft to a misdemeanor.
She added that she thought the actress had intentionally taken the $2,500 necklace from an upscale Venice Beach store and shown poor judgment in not trying to return it until police got involved.
Lilo was freed after posting $75,000 bail.
Now she will plead "no contest" to the charges which is not an admission of guilt, but in many courts they have the same effect as a guilty plea
Los Angeles sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore told CNN that Lohan would likely serve no more than two weeks in jail.